An integral part of our lives, Neighbors. Near or distant but you surely have some neighbors. Usually they are good people, ready to help, considerate about your well being, sometimes annoying but mostly good. But the most amazing are the ones who live around bachelor-pads. If you never have lived as a bachelor i must say you have missed some real fun. I lived in bachelor-pads for 7 good years and around different localities. What fun it was to observe the neighborhood, specially you know the areas where most of the buildings decided to go with the board of “Bachelors not allowed”. The vendors would love you while the aunties and uncles would stare the life out of you. The cooks and maids will prefer you over the families while the society chairman will block you from the functions.
Well, coming back to the neighbors of bachelor-pads, worry not, if you have not been around those types, as i have taken the trouble to make a list of all the types of neighbors that you may often find around a bachelor-pad.
- Taunting aunties – I feel these are the aunties who are mostly jealous of you, because you are having the liberty which they can’t. Be it bachelor boys or girls, you can hear them putting out a loud taunt while chatting with their next door padosan just when they spot you.
- The sanskari neighbors – These are honestly the bachelor haters. They would literally list down all the things that you would be doing throughout your day and would be able to tag at least 100 non-sansakri things out of it. Like – you sleeping late and waking up late on weekends, you always having an ear-piece on, you playing music in your home, you going out in short clothes , you having a drink with your friends in your home, you having your friends stay over night, you being friendly with the grocery vendor, like literally everything.
- Boys and girls can never be friends – Believe me, these are the best ones to tease. The sight of a boy and girl together, i suppose they would prefer their eyes gouged. Can you believe i have heard from my friends that they were sent notices the next day they had a party at their place along with their lady friends. Just imagine the hate. A male friend staying over at a girls flat or a lady friend staying over at an all boys flat, what hell god will bring upon the humanity. 🙂 I suppose these are the ones behind this blocking of bachelors from the societies.
- The over friendly neighbors – Who doesn’t like to be cared, like the feeling of having your parents around. Ha ha, not the bachelors, what’s the point of living in a bachelor-pad then. These types of neighbors are the ones who would never forget your leaving and arriving time, just to be there to have a chit chat with you. The insistence of having a cup of tea, going out to the grocery shopping together, dinner at my place invitations, they would literally suffocate you with their over friendliness. Me time for them is a symptom of some mental disease.
- The bachelor neighbors – The best ones till now what all i have experienced. And if they are the boys then you must have done some good deeds in your past life. Boys couldn’t care less of what’s happening around. No offense, but boys would literally not notice even if you snatch the bed beneath them. One of my cook who also used to cook for boys living in my neighboring flat would smuggle a lot of things from their kitchen whenever there was shortage in our kitchen. Also boys are the kindest and most humble species specially around girls and that is true not just for Indians but English too. While living in Manchester, when our internet connection was interrupted, my flat-mate went to the next door to check if we can use their connection and pay them until the time we get our back, the English boys we never met didn’t need any convincing. She asked and they gave it to her and that too for free. So ladies and gentlemen, lesson learnt?? If you are planning to live in a bachelor-pad, you know what is the best neighborhood.