I am a big time planner. And I can’t go another day without planning it, the prior night. You will always find a to-do list, stuck around somewhere at a nearby wall at my place. So this habit of pre-planning things helped me a lot when I started blogging full time two years back. Everything that you do with an intention to make money does take a lot of effort and blogging is no different. But the challenge is much more, when you have a baby to take care of. As if, being a blogger was already so easy; here is a new breed of bloggers called “Mom Bloggers”. With all my experience on being present on several social media platforms and taking care of a firecracker of a toddler, here i am composing a series of posts on Productivity tips for mom-bloggers.
So a few of my next posts will be about how I plan ahead to be present on several social media platforms along with taking care of a super energetic attention seeking toddler. I will be completely honest while presenting my ideas and tips to you all. I hope this will help my fellow budding mom-bloggers who are trying so hard to balance their blogging, baby and family.
Before I start with my own tricks and tips, I wish to extend my gratitude to Shailajav. Shailaja is a blogging coach and a productivity enthusiast. I am following her work since more than a year now. She shares such realistic and practical tips that you can easily inculcate in your lifestyle. Great thing is she practices what she preaches. And the most impressive thing I like about her is there are no flashy pictures, no sugar coating to her words, just straight forward relatable content. I insist you to checkout her page on Instagram if you are not following her tips already and thank me later.
Little About Me
So let me start with introducing you to me and my current arrangement of work. My name is Akanksha, professionally I am an IT engineer. I worked as a data analyst for 7 years in India and Abroad (proof, you can trust me with data and planning J). I have a 2.5 years old super active son. Currently I stay at home and take care of my baby. I started social media via Instagram in 2018 with the account “Mominprocess”. It felt so good there on Instagram, that along with micro-blogging I started my own blog with the same name; firstly on a free platform and then a self-hosted one. I have a Facebook page and a twitter account which you can check out on my blog home page.
That’s that and now here is a list of things which you can expect from this series of posts:-
1. Productivity tips according to the number of social media platforms you are active on.
2. How to prioritize the right platform for you.
3. Managing your investments in Social Media
4. Managing Collaborations and commitments
5. A few helpful planners and lists I strictly follow and maintain.
6. A crash post of the entire theme.
While I try to be completely honest with my situations and surroundings, which might be a little different to yours; here are my suggestions to you before you start taking note of my tips for your own work style –
1. Take the inputs and suggestions from whoever you are following for the tips, but inculcate those tips as per your situation and needs.
2. My priorities might be different to yours, plan accordingly and shuffle the tasks as per your best interest.
3. Your baby might be of a different age to mine or might be different in behavior to mine, which might make it either easy or difficult to you compared to me.
4. It’s not necessary to always follow a strict plan and schedule. It’s quite possible that you might feel suffocated at times and it’s fairly ok too, to take a break and behave agile.
5. It’s quite possible that this plan might or might not work for you depending upon your work style. I suggest consider it as your trial and error opportunity. If it works you are all set and good to go ahead. If it doesn’t you can always take inspiration from the actual plan and alter it according to your needs.
I hope, this introduction post may have given you somewhat idea of what you are going to read in forthcoming posts. Also to give you varying perspectives, I will be interviewing some fellow mom bloggers having kids of different age groups. These mom bloggers are taking up different challenges every-day and setting up the social media influencer’s game sky high.
Follow the hashtag #mominprocesswrites to keep up with the coming up posts on the topic. Read my next post on why planning is important.
With this post, I’m taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter’s #MyFriendAlexa.