We humans can probably survive the worst troubles of our lives with a cup of tea or coffee. What do you say?
For the tea lovers, from the start of a perfect morning to the end of a calm evening, a cup of tea is just what is required. And for the coffee lovers, just ask them for a cup of coffee anytime and presence of it. Let’s leave aside the paper flasks you get from the coffee-shops. How do you like your aromatic cardamom tea to be served at the comfort of your home? Or how do you wish your guests to remember their beverage experience at your place? A Lovely container definitely stands out and enhances the experience. So let’s just talk about those containers today, yes the cups and mugs we drink in.
Variety of Cups and Mugs available in market –
A tea/coffee lover surely knows the value of a good cup or mug. Doesn’t the coffee mug the first thing we think about when we need to gift something to someone. There have been increased demands for variety of designer cups and mugs. Here are some of the many options available in market –
- Ceramic cups and Mugs
- Glass Cups and Mugs
- Terracotta Cups and Mugs
- Porcelain and Bone China Cups and Mugs
- Steel Cups and Mugs
- Plastic Cups and Mugs
Not to be forgotten, all of these Cups and Mugs are widely available for gifting purpose, with personalized pictures and quirky taglines.
Out of these many choices, the plastic ones definitely rank lowest for so many obvious reasons. Being non eco-friendly, non-degradable and less attractive are a few of them. The others are lovely choices have their own unique features and also available widely.
- Ceramic Cups and Mugs are beautifully crafted. They keep the beverage hot for long and provide better insulation so that you can hold the cup without getting burned and enjoy your aromatic beverage.
- Glass Cups and Mugs are visibly very attractive and also provide good insulation.
- Terracotta cups and Mugs are baked clay pots. These are bio-degradable. They give traditional feel to your drink and are widely loved for low maintenance.
- Porcelain and Bone China Cups and Mugs are made of Bone ash, quartz, kaolin and feldspar. These not only look beautifully elegant but also are durable compared to their other delicate counterparts. Also these are considered dishwasher safe.
- Steel Cups and Mugs are highly durable, long-lived and almost need no maintenance.
- Plastic Cups and Mugs are very cheap in comparison to other materials, but are usually despised for their low grade non-biodegradable material.
- Kullhads are earthen clay. These are bio-degradable and are cheap in price.
Why shall you go for handcrafted?
Now that we know about the material, the Cups and Mugs are available in; shall we talk about the make of the products?
Well there are always two generic processes of making any product- handmade or handcrafted and machine made. Though the machine made Cups and Mugs are comparatively cheap to the handcrafted ones, but handcrafted has its own charms and benefit. Which, we will be talking about here. Below are some of the reasons why you shall prefer handcrafted cups and mugs over machine made. –
- Handcrafted Cups and Mugs have a personal touch to the craft and the artisan who made it.
- There are many beautiful art forms that when handcrafted on the Cups, not only look very appealing but also are preserved in the form of tea ware.
- Handcrafted is always unique, there can’t be two handcrafted items alike. The handcrafted Cups and Mugs are deeply detailed, thus making them unique to others.
- Getting a handcrafted item, makes you support an artist financially. And encourages other artists too.
No doubt, why many people these days get handcrafted items more than the machine makes. And while there are some very famous dedicated physical markets for handcrafted items available all over India. Where, you can get beautifully handcrafted Cups and Mugs. But still there are very few online stores which offer handmade Cups and Mugs in India. The one which got my attention while searching through the internet is ExclusiveLane.
Looking to support our Local businesses? Checkout ExclusiveLane.
Covid- infections, dipping economy, China invasion and natural calamities, there are so many problems we are dealing with right now. While the current times are really hard, we need to hold and support each other more than ever. And that is why when looking for a lovely set of handcrafted Cups, I came across ExclusiveLane. A website that sells Indian handcrafted items. You can find unique and various art crafts in form of spice-boxes, platters, planters, wall hangings, lamps and much more. Mughal era craft, Moroccan inspired craft, wood work, copper finished decors and hand-painted ceramic plates on the website store, took my breath away. Talking about the handcrafted Cups and Mugs, ExclusiveLane has below categories of them.
- Cup & Saucer
- Only Cups
- Cups and Kettle
- Tea glasses
These are all available in materials like – Cane, glass, Terracotta, Ceramic, Earthen Clay. And all of these Cups and Mugs are handcrafted in art forms like, Madhubani, Warli, Hand Carved, Hand Painted, Hand Glazed and Studio Pottery.
Their neat ceramic hand-painted work is a treat to eyes. The hand glazed and hand-painted cups can be the most elegant addition to your kitchen. The unique half ceramic cup set is quirky, a desirable gift for couples and a fine piece of art. The creative design along with careful craft stands out.
In fact, all the pictures you are looking at in this post are from their store collection only. Obviously you can’t have them all. But here is a few of them which you must check out on their website.
— Crimson Nightfalls’ Studio Pottery Glazed Tea & Coffee Cups in Ceramic (Set of 6) – A perfect set of 6 cups. The Crimson and dark brown colour is a beautiful contrasting combination.
— Studio Pottery Ceramic Cup & Saucer Set Of 6 In Brown – Again a set of 6 cups and matching saucer. The bowl style shape of the cup, the unique handles and the rectangular saucers along with the classy hand painting gives it a royal look.
-Handcrafted “Studio Pottery” Green Tea Filter Mug in Creamish White – Such a unique and rustic design. This is a single ceramic cup which comes with a lid and a filter. This is a perfect cup for your green tea.
-Unique Half Ceramic Cups Set – Makes for a great couple gift with its complement each other design.
-Studio Pottery Ceramic Cup & Saucer Set of 6 in Red — Just look at the picture and tell me do I need to say any more. A perfect set of 6 cup and saucer, that too in ravishing red.
-6 Tea Glasses With Bamboo Holder In Green — Looking for the tapri chai vibes at your home. Get this tea glass set of 6 along with the bamboo holder.
I hope as of now you might have zeroed down to the set you want to get for yourself, if not visit their website. Also don’t forget to let me know how you liked this article in the comment section below.